I like websites – and they are rare! – that get right to the point.
Simple, clear, easy to navigate. Sometimes, I’ll highlight great examples on this blog, so here’s one I just came across:
Fiona Thompson (Brisbane, Queensland, Australia) recently appeared on my on-line radar, and the first thing I noticed was her compelling summary on LinkedIn: Resuscitating your written content, so you can get on with running your business.
Brilliant. Fiona brings your writing to life because you have better things to do. I get it immediately.
So then I went to her website to do a quick “First Impression Clarity Analysis,” * and was very pleased to see that Fiona has put in place a very effective (=clear and simple) design.
- Striking visual. Who wouldn’t want to be resuscitated by lips like that?
- Simple, memorable, unique message – resuscitate your writing. Boom. Bonus points for carrying forward the imagery with the phrase “breathe life into your project.”
- Instant call to action – RESUSCITATE ME button
- A little bit of sass and personality – (Read About How Great I Am)
- Nice use of white and open space – uncluttered
- Clear and effective testimonials
Now, the rest of the site is a bit word-heavy, but Fiona is a writer/editor, so we’ll let that go! The one suggestion I’d have – give us a before/after example of how Readford cleans up text and makes it more effective. I want to see the work, not only read about it.
I don’t (yet) know Fiona, and she has no idea I’m writing this, nor has she paid me for it.* I just love to highlight nice work that I come across.
*I do offer a “First Impression Clarity Analysis” as a paid service – through the end of 2016, it’s just $250 USD. I go on your website as an objective third-party and let you know how clear you actually are with your messaging. See sample report:
How can I help you get more clear? Contact me and let’s make your messaging work!
Also on the blog: Aim at Nothing and You’ll Hit it Every Time